Thursday, May 20, 2010

Why did my gerbera daisy wilt overnight?

My boyfriend brought me home a potted gerbera daisy plant. Yesterday it looked really good, lots of flowers, several new blooms, and lots of big green leaves. I know nothing about plants so I went to a website and did everything it said. I put a few drops of plant food on the soil, watered it (but not directly in the crown), misted the leaves alittle, and had the heat on low. Well I woke up the next day and the whole thing has wilted! The blooms look okay but the stems and leaves look pathetic. What did I do to it??

Why did my gerbera daisy wilt overnight?
The main question is - if you have snow in your area with cold temperatures was the plant wrapped up properly upon coming to your house. Also, you water the plant from the dish below and remove the excess water after an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment