Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I seem to have what I'm assuming is powdery mildew on my Gerbera Daisey's, what should I do?

Here is a home remedy you can try if in fact it is powdery mildew.. I have used it on my cucumbers and it seems to work for me. In a 1 gallon container full of water mix 1 Tbls. baking soda and 1 Tbls. dishsoap. stir gently and put into a spray bottle and thoroughly wet the plant. It wont hurt the plants. Let us know how this works for you. Hope this helps.

I seem to have what I'm assuming is powdery mildew on my Gerbera Daisey's, what should I do?
I agree to cutting off the affected leaves.





I did read something about using one part milk to 9 parts water as a spray that is used once a week. I saw it on Answers.... I'm think about trying it. Look it up.
Reply:You can cut back the leaves that have it if it is only a few. (Be sure and clean any pruners that you use.) There are many fungicides available however they are usually best for prevention rather than curing, although some can help. If possible improve the air flow around the plant, but some plants are prone to getting it. How sure are you that it is powdery mildew, not downy mildew or botrytis?


No comments:

Post a Comment