Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How do you say "Gerbera"?

My friend and I have this ongoing debate regarding how the word 'gerbera', as in gerbera daisy, is pronounced.





(I'll try to spell these out as they are said as best I can)





I say its "jur-bear-a"





She says, "gur-burr-a"





I did a little research and finally came to the conclusion that both are probably accpetable, however she is insistent that my way is wrong. haha this is a silly debate but responses will be appreciated.





I will award a Best Answer for a truly helpful response. Reputable interent sources to back-up your answer are even better.








Muchas gracias!!

How do you say "Gerbera"?
Well, hate to tell you this, but "gur-burr-a" is how I pronounce it, and how I've always heard it pronounced in the botany industry!
Reply:I have always heard it "gur-burr-a"


No comments:

Post a Comment