Friday, November 18, 2011

My gerbera daisies have all died. What did I do wrong?

I bought the plant with 3 full, colorful daisies. I somehow killed all 3 of the flowers. I just plucked the last one today. Will they come back or do I have to wait until next Spring? If there is a possibility of them coming back then what should I do? Thanks a bunch!

My gerbera daisies have all died. What did I do wrong?
Not to worry! Those should bloom again, all summer for you, but you might not have a bloom every day. As long as the leaves have not turned yellow or brown, or withered, you still have a healthy plant.





Things gerberas do not like are excessive cold, excessive heat or wet feet. They like to be watered but not left in a puddle for too long. Aside from that they are not temperamental. When the blooms start to fade, deadheading the flowers will encourage more blooming. Why, that is exactly what you did!





Good luck to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment